Date Published: July 3, 2014
When Matt Archer’s sister, Mamie, said those words to him three years ago, he had no idea how prophetic they were, or what this would mean for his family.
Now, he knows. And it changes everything, bringing the war right to Matt’s doorstep.
In the epic conclusion to the Matt Archer series, the endgame is near. Betrayed by an enemy, the wielders have been called off the hunt by their own government, despite increasing reports of paranormal activity—and deaths—worldwide. Matt is forced to sit on the sidelines, knowing that proving monsters exist means revealing who—and what—he is. Soon the world will know his name…which will only make his job harder.
Matt’s only hope resides with a man he barely knows—his father. If Erik Archer can put together the final puzzle before the monsters do, maybe they’ll have a chance. Maybe.
Mystery, tragedy and the power of family combine as Matt races to win the war and save the people he loves. There’s just one thing he’s afraid of…
It might already be too late.
The Songs of REDEMPTION
Writing the final book in a series is a strange thing. On one hand, it’s exciting (and a relief) to hammer the ending into place and see how everything progress. On the other, it’s hard to let go. This book was kind of audacious from the very start (Congressional hearings, anyone?) and to get through it, I needed some very powerful tunes. I ended up with a 50 song playlist, but the songs below are the ones that had the most indelible impact on the final draft:
- “Sail” AWOLNATION
- “Brothers in Arms” DIRE STRAITS
- “Bleeding Out” IMAGINE DRAGONS
- “Counting Stars” ONE REPUBLIC (This one is kind of obvious after you’ve read the book.)
- “Some Kind of Monster” NEON TREES
- “Redemption” REDLIGHT KING (Even more obvious. : D)
- “Keep Moving” ANDREW STOCKDALE
- “Who We Are” IMAGINE DRAGONS
- “Guilty All the Same” LINKIN PARK
- “JFTL” MOBY (Ella’s Song)
- “Atlas” COLDPLAY
- “Buried Alive” AVENGED SEVENFOLD
Because Mamie’s story arc was so important, she had her own playlist for Redemption. Here’s a quick look at some of Mamie’s music:
- “No Light, No Light” FLORENCE+MACHINE
- “Adagio for Strings” BARBER
- “Crystalize” LINDSEY STERLING
- “Ordinary Love” U2
- “Into Eternity” BRIAN TYLER
- “Walk On” U2
- “Trip the Light” GARY SCHYMAN (feat. Alicia Lempke)
- “A Sky Full of Stars” COLDPLAY
Kendra C. Highley lives in north Texas with her husband and two children. She also serves as staff to two self-important and high-powered cats. This, according to the cats, is her most critical job. She believes chocolate is a basic human right, running a 10k is harder than it sounds, and that everyone should learn to drive a stick-shift. She loves monsters, vacations, baking and listening to bad electronica.